1-26-22 Wire Fraud for everyone in real estate sales or related
This presentation will give real estate agents a solid overview of how wire fraud occurs and how to best prevent it. The most common means of obtaining information leading to fraud will be covered as well as Both buyer’s side fraud and seller’s side fraud The case of Bain v Platinum Realty will also be
discussed as it related to agent/broker liability for fraud.
By the end of this course, students will have a new or reinforced knowledge of the following:
– How information is obtained in order to commit fraud
– What types of fraud are perpetrated against sellers?
– What types of fraud are perpetrated against buyers?
– How to protect seller clients
– How to protect buyer clients
– How to protect the agent themselves from liability.
Virginia Licensing Credit:
CE 2 Real Estate Related
PLE 2 Current Industry Issues
Instructor: Robert Pope